Everyone loves cooking with a crock pot. The recipes require little to no preparation, just add all of the ingredients in, set a timer, and wait a few hours for a perfectly cooked meal. One of our favorite dishes at the Ranch is steak and gravy, and we have the perfect recipe to make this treat in a crockpot.
So, gather your ingredients and let the crockpot do the work tonight.
1 packet of au jus gravy mix
1 8-10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 8-10 oz can French onion soup
1/2 cup water
1 ½-2 pounds cubed steak
To thicken gravy:
3 tbsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. cold water
- In the bottom of your crockpot, combine the cream of chicken soup, French onion soup, au jus mix and water. Stir until mixed well.
- Place the cubed steak into the crockpot with the gravy mixer.
- Place lid on crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, you will need to thicken your gravy. Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl or measuring cup. (You can use a fork if you desire.)
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the crockpot and stir well.
- Change the heat to high for another 30 minutes, or until the gravy has been thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!
We suggest serving mashed potatoes on the side. They are the perfect compliment and you can use your leftover gravy on top. Green beans will round out the meal as well.
Purchase High Quality Beef
One way to make this dish taste even better is to purchase high quality beef. To do this, it is best to purchase from a seller that you know and trust. At Spring Grove Ranch, we don’t add any hormones and additives to our beef, giving you and your family the best meat possible.