Everybody loves taco night! This quick, easy meal has been feeding hungry families for decades. Tacos also give everybody a chance to customize their meal anyway they want (which takes a load off parents with picky eaters!).
Best Cut of Beef for Tacos
When it comes to taco recipes, most American families add ground beef to their shopping lists. It’s easy to see why—ground beef is economically priced, and when seasoned correctly, is flavorful and filling! The ground beef you find in your neighborhood grocery store is typically comprised either of chuck, sirloin, round or a mixture of both. You may also notice while surveying the meat aisle there are different fat/lean ratios. Typical ground beef will range from 70%-80% lean and 20-30% fat. Aim for beef that is 80% lean or higher.
1 pound of ground beef (80% lean or higher)
1 cup of salsa of your choice
10 taco shells
½ head lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally until brown.
- Once meat is cook all the way through (no pink), drain beef.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Then, re-add beef into your skillet and stir in salsa. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and salsa mixture to a serving bowl. Season with a salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat taco shells as directed on package.
- Serve taco shells with beef and salsa mixture, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and shredded cheese. Enjoy!
Purchase High Quality Beef For Great Tasting Tacos!
The simple truth is: better quality beef yields better tasting beef tacos! The best way to get high quality beef is buying from a seller that you know and trust. We don’t add any hormones and additives to our beef, so that you can serve your family the purest beef possible.